The first step toward hiring a house cleaning service is knowing exactly what it is that you need. There may be times when what you are looking for is a regular cleaning, and then there may be times when you are looking for a deep clean. Here are some of the things that you want to consider when you are planning on calling a professional cleaning service because they are going to want to know what type of cleaning you are looking for.
Here's what regular house cleaning entails
When you have a house cleaner come in to do a regular cleaning of your home, it is going to include the basics. These things include the following:
- Cleaning living room tables, dusting, and cleaning other areas where clutter may be, etc.
- Cleaning the kitchen counters, washing dishes, wiping surfaces, taking out trash, etc.
- Wiping down the fronts of all the kitchen and bathroom cupboards
- Cleaning the bathroom counters, mirrors, toilets, showers, tubs, sinks, fixtures, etc.
- Cleaning the other areas of the home, including bedrooms, stairs, and the dining room
- Vacuuming and mopping all of the floors throughout the house
- Making the beds and changing bedding if you want the bedding changed
It's best to try to pick up your important paperwork and other things you want to be put in a certain place before the house cleaners show up. This will make it much easier for them to clean the home thoroughly, and you won't have to worry about something you need quick access to being put in a pile where you aren't aware of. While the house cleaners will keep everything in its place as much as possible, they will need to make some executive decisions if you leave things scattered all over the house.
Here's what a deep cleaning entails
When you have a house cleaner come in to do a deep cleaning of your home, it is going to mean they are going above and beyond what a regular house cleaning would. A deep cleaning is generally done about every six months or after events where the house was left in bad shape. Another reason for doing a deep cleaning would be if you needed the house cleaned because you are moving out. Some of the services offered when you have a deep cleaning include the following:
- The things included in a regular house cleaning
- Removing soap scum and calcium buildup from sinks, showerheads, faucets, shower tiles, etc.
- Thoroughly cleaning appliances, like the stove, oven, microwave, washer, refrigerator, etc.
- Cleaning the windows and mirrors throughout the house
- Cleaning dirty areas of walls, doors, and baseboards
- Cleaning the exposed areas of all the furniture in the home
- Vacuuming under the couch and chair cushions
- Washing, drying, and folding laundry
Now that you are aware of the different types of cleaning, you will know what to ask for when you hire a house cleaner. The best thing is to have someone come out regularly so your house stays how you like it. Contact a company like Henry's Janitorial Services for more information.